7 MAY 2020 – WEBINAR ON COVID 19 AND ITS IMPACT ON DISPUTE RESOLUTION IN RUSSIA, ENGLAND AND CYPRUS
May 7, 2020
This webinar will discuss how the Russian and English courts and arbitral tribunals are coping with with the current lockdown situation.
Specific issues to be covered will include:
1. A summary of the current lockdown measures in Russia and how it is affecting businesses
2. Update on how the English Courts are operating:
- HMCTS daily operational summaries and operational courts: update
- Remote hearings including (1) first virtual trial in the Commercial Court (National Bank Kazakhstan & Another v The Bank of New York Mellon & Ors, 26/3/20-1/04/20; and (2) the court’s guidance in relation to adjournments and remote hearings (Muncipio De Mariana & Ors v BHP Group Plc, HHJ Eyre QC (TCC) on 20 April 2020)3. Russian Courts lockdown, bankruptcy moratorium and related procedural issues
4. Digitalization of arbitration – new normal or just an emergency measure?
- · Joint statement from Arbitral Institutions on COVID-19
- · Current case administration: ICC and LCIA positions
- · Virtual meetings and hearings: practical points
- Green light to long – debated “Green Arbitration”?
You can watch the webinar on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/potXFPbrqz5LSdKSyGXGefJ4GaO1eaa82iAZ8vILyhsyJ0-y2qzyYwXXaTtqksw although, please note that this is not a complete recording in that it begins part-way through the first presentation.
Our next webinar will be about Force Majeure and Frustration in a Covid 19 Context, which will be discussed from Russian and England law perspectives.
This will take place on 27 May at 2pm London time and 4pm Moscow time.