This webinar will discuss how the Russian and English courts and arbitral tribunals are coping with with the current lockdown situation.
Specific issues to be covered will include:
1. A summary of the current lockdown measures in Russia and how it is affecting businesses
2. Update on how the English Courts are operating:
- HMCTS daily operational summaries and operational courts: update
- Remote hearings including (1) first virtual trial in the Commercial Court (National Bank Kazakhstan & Another v The Bank of New York Mellon & Ors, 26/3/20-1/04/20; and (2) the court’s guidance in relation to adjournments and remote hearings (Muncipio De Mariana & Ors v BHP Group Plc, HHJ Eyre QC (TCC) on 20 April 2020)3. Russian Courts lockdown, bankruptcy moratorium and related procedural issues
4. Digitalization of arbitration – new normal or just an emergency measure?
- · Joint statement from Arbitral Institutions on COVID-19
- · Current case administration: ICC and LCIA positions
- · Virtual meetings and hearings: practical points
- Green light to long – debated “Green Arbitration”?
You can watch the webinar on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/potXFPbrqz5LSdKSyGXGefJ4GaO1eaa82iAZ8vILyhsyJ0-y2qzyYwXXaTtqksw although, please note that this is not a complete recording in that it begins part-way through the first presentation.
Our next webinar will be about Force Majeure and Frustration in a Covid 19 Context, which will be discussed from Russian and England law perspectives.
This will take place on 27 May at 2pm London time and 4pm Moscow time.